- Add Contact details to the spreadsheet template
- Populate Contact information into CSV for import into Clio
- The required fields are either First Name or Company Name. If both are present, a Person is created that is linked to that Company. If that Company does not yet exist in the system, then an empty Company is also created, and the Person that is created has all the other information (address, etc.).
- Rows 2 and 3 are meant to serve as example information and can be deleted
- If this information already exists in a separate spreadsheet, you can copy and paste it into the corresponding columns in the Template
- If Companies were already created form the Contact Import, and you import a second CSV with Companies, you will get duplication error codes and they will not be created in your Clio Account.
- Contacts must be imported before Matters for them to be linked properly
- Use the steps here for importing
- Open Example_Contacts.csv attached to this article.
- Populate the spreadsheet with your Contacts' information
- Save the file in CSV format