- Understand how Invoice Numbers are applied in Clio
- How is a new invoice number generated for a bill?
- Clio Web App
- Non-numeric characters can be included manually in the Invoice ID field by editing Bills
- Automatically assigned Invoice Numbers will only include numeric characters (there are no further customization options available at the moment)
- You can change the bill number to be lower than your current invoices' highest number, however the following invoice generated will continue increasing in number from the highest invoice
Invoices in Clio are numbered sequentially. When you create a new Bill, it will be assigned the next number based on the highest number of an existing Invoice in the system, including Voided Bills.