- Add a jpg, png to my invoice footer
- Clio Web App
- Google Drive
Invoices in some jurisdictions require an attorney signature in the Bill footer.
- Upload the image to Google Drive
- View the image in Google Drive
- Click the 3 dots on the top-right corner of the page
- Click Sharing
- Click Advanced
- Click Change next to Private - Only you can access
- Select On - Anyone with the link
- Click Save
- Right-click on the image and select Open in new tab (for Chrome - other browsers may vary)
- Copy the URL at the top of the page to your clipboard
- In Clio go to Settings > Billing > Bill Themes
- Select the Bill Theme you wish to change
- Click Footer
- Click Footer (again)
- Click the mountain portrait icon in the Invoice Memo text area
- Paste the URL from your clipboard into the Source field
- Optionally specify your desired dimensions
- Click Ok
If the linked image is not appearing the most common problem is that the sharing permission settings on your image hosting service. Make sure that the image you are trying to link to is available to be shared publicly.
If your sharing permission settings are set to public, it is likely that the sharing link URL provided by Google Drive does not link directly to the image, but to a webpage with the image on it. We can, however, do a slight alteration of the Google Drive image link URL so that the image works correctly.
To do this, start with the URL that Google Drive provides. It will look something like this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/138O93b-rIxaJl8xzIrUS1xDQwA9YJzBI/view?usp=sharing
Delete the everything after https://drive.google.com and replace it with "/uc?export=download&id=FILE_ID". Next you need to replace FILE_ID with the file ID from the original link (in bold). The new URL will look something like this: https://drive.google.com/file/uc?export=download&id=138O93b-rIxaJl8xzIrUS1xDQwA9YJzBI
This new URL will link directly to the image, and will work in the Clio Bill Theme footer.