Yes, you can change and personalize automated emails sent from email@example.com. If you prefer, you can send notification emails for shared documents, bills, tasks, calendar events, and reminders from your firm email address.
Personalize automated emails
What it is
Clio's sender email address personalization feature gives you the option of sending some emails from your own email address. Once you enable this feature, clients will be able to recognize the sender and reply to you directly if they have any questions.
Turning on this email personalization feature has the benefit of:
- Personalizing and improving the client experience by providing clients with a frictionless communication path.
- Greater visibility on important client communications by seeing sent bills, bill reminders, and attachments in both Clio Manage and your "sent" mailbox folder.
- Better bill deliverability (you get an immediate notification if a bill bounces back or is blocked) and improvement in the firm's collection rate.
- Greater peace of mind when clients get bills from a sender they recognize and trust.
- Easier two-way communication for sensitive financial communications.
- Opportunity to reinforce your firm's brand through consistence personalization.
This email personalization feature requires that you integrate either Clio's Outlook Add-in or the Gmail Add-on. Once you enable your Microsoft or Google account in Clio Manage, automated billing emails—approvals, creation, sharing, client automated reminders, and client outstanding balance—from Clio Manage are sent from your own email address.
- Read through this article on the Outlook Add-in or this article on the Gmail Add-on for more details about the integrations.
To enable the email personalization feature:
- Install Clio's Outlook Add-in or Gmail Add-on.
- In Clio Manage go to Settings > Apps.
- Select either Microsoft or Google, depending on which email address you want to send personalized notification emails from.
- Connect your email account. For Microsoft click Connect. For Gmail click Connect with Google.
- Follow the sign in directions.
- Automated Clio Manage emails will now be sent from your own email address.