- To determine why that error message shows up
- Mozilla Firefox
It could be a site problem, a browser problem, or caused by software that interferes with the connection to Clio.
It could also be from other security software installed on the device that interferes with HTTPS traffic.
Try these steps below to workaround the problem:
- Open about:preferences#privacy in the browser.
- Scroll down to the Certificates section and click on "View certificates".
- Make sure the Authorities tab is selected.
- Locate Avast certificates and use the delete option to remove them
- Use the import button to import the certificates from C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\wscert.dat
Select Menu > Settings to display all program preferences.
Switch to the Components section on the left sidebar.
Select the customize link displayed for the Web Shield component.
Locate "Enable HTTPS Scanning" and uncheck the box.
Select ok to save the change and ok on the next page to return to the main interface.
When you try to load sites that failed to load in Firefox 6.1 previously you will notice that the sites load just fine.
Other security solutions may use similar components that interfere with HTTPS traffic. If you don't run Avast try to find an option in the settings to turn of HTTPS scanning to resolve the issue.