- I am noticing unfamiliar charges in Clio Payments, what do I do?
- What do I do if I see fraudulent charges on Clio Payments?
- Clio Manage
Secure payment links allow clients to deposit funds into your bank accounts without first receiving a bill. These can be shared on your website, intake forms, or anywhere else you’d like to receive payments from when using Clio Payments.
LawPay, the processor that powers Clio Payments, has security measures in place to fail most attempts of card testing on secure payment links (where a person runs a small charge against a credit card to test if it is valid). Rarely, fraudulent charges may appear via secure payment links through inappropriate use of card testing.
If you believe your secure payment link has been compromised, it is recommended that you:
- Notify LawPay via https://lawpay.com/support/
- Regenerate your secure payment links in Clio
To regenerate your secure payment links, Please follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Settings
- Click on Clio Payments
- Disconnect the relevant bank accounts
- Then recreate the connection to your LawPay bank account.
This will create new links that you can then provide to your clients for future use.
Note that shared bill links will also be expired if this action is taken.
*Note that shared Bill Links, Payment Plans, and Authorized charges are stopped and voided when completing this disconnect. Bills and Payment Plans will need to be re-configured after the re-connection.