- General recommendations for setting up your Clio account to report on specific metrics in the future
- How can I set up Custom Reports?
- How do I get a report for the information I need if it isn't available within Clio?
- Clio Manage
- Microsoft Excel
- 3rd Party Apps as listed below
Extracting Data from Clio
This Help Center article provides a summary of all Clio Reports.
Statements of Accounts are also a helpful history report of billing for specific clients (see instructions on how to generate).
Beyond the reports that may be run within Clio, we recommend exporting the data to Excel for further analysis and calculations. PivotTables allow you to create custom reports in MS Excel for example.
We have also partnered with the following 3rd party apps that allow you to use Clio data to create custom reports without spreadsheets:
- SQL for Clio - if you already have SQL knowledge, this can be really powerful for extracting data
- myFirmData - create custom reports from existing Clio data
- firmTRAK - KPI reporting
- LawKPIs - marketing focused but may have further capabilities
- Smarter Firms - allows you to connect data from multiple systems for centralized reporting
Workflow and Setup
Matter Custom Fields will allow you to filter your data when taking a look at Matter, Activity, and Billable Client Lists for example. A comprehensive guide to creating Custom Fields is found here. For a list of recommendations by Practice Area, see our article.
Many of Clio’s reports can be run by Practice Area. Thus, it is important to ensure all of your matters have the appropriate Practice Area selected - see this article.