- When I Manually Write a Check for a Deposit From a Trust Account to Pay a Bill, Why Does Quickbooks Show Two Transactions?
- Clio Manage
- Quickbooks Online
- For additional information on trust account syncing to Quickbooks Online please click here.
- If you have your bank feed synced to QBO along with Clio you will get duplicate transactions, 1 transaction for what was recorded in Clio and 1 for what came from your bank. We recommend you only sync one or the other to avoid this.
When you pay a bill using a trust account within Clio and have Quickbooks synced to your trust account within Clio, a transaction will generate. If you do this, and then write a check and deposit this at your banking institution, Quickbooks will also record this transaction as it is synced to your bank account. To avoid this, you can follow these steps:
- Click Settings
- Click Bill Syncing
- Click Configure settings
- Go to "What will this Export?" heading
- Un-check "Payments made to Trust Requests and to Bills from a client account"
- Click Save sync settings