- Clio is still using the same e-mail for my contact, how do I share documents with their new e-mail?
- Clio Manage
- For more information on Clio Connect, click here.
If a contact previously had Clio Connect with an e-mail, and you update their information with a new e-mail, they will still have their Clio Connect account associated with that older e-mail. If the Contact cannot disable their Clio Connect account themselves, it will remain attached to the old e-mail.
The workaround for this is to create a secondary contact with the new e-mail. You can name this secondary contact with a similar name, but it cannot be the exact same as it will overwrite it. Please follow these steps below:
- Create a secondary Contact with a slightly different name OR update the other Contact with a slightly different name so they do not match
- Add the new e-mail to this new Contact
- Share document with new Contact
- They will then be able to create a new Clio Connect account with their new e-mail