We’re building a Single Sign On functionality for Clio products: creating a unified login experience for customers across Clio products.
With one set of credentials (i.e. one email and password—a Clio ID) you can securely login into, and work between, all Clio products. This removes the need to log in multiple times, in multiple places, and juggle different credentials for access to your client and case information.
What is Single Sign On?
Single Sign On is a user authentication process that allows a user to use one set of identification credentials (e.g. one username and password) to access multiple applications (e.g. Clio Manage and Clio Grow).
Who can use Single Sign On?
Only users with matching email logins in both Manage and Grow can use Single Sign On. At this time, users must be flagged by Clio for single sign on to participate in the beta.
What are the key benefits of Clio Single Sign On?
Clio Single Sign On offers many benefits. It can ensure consistent access control to Clio products and firm data across a law firm, potentially reducing risk and overhead related to secure Clio account management.
- Usability - Save time and effort with easy one-click login to any product within the Clio Suite.
- Fewer interruptions - SSO users will enjoy longer session times in Grow.
- Enhanced Security - Clio Single Sign-On combines industry-leading security best practices with user efficiency, allowing us to provide secure access to case and client data, reducing risk of breach found in common login processes. SSO users can enjoy the added security of 2FA for their Grow account.
How do I access Single Sign-On (Beta)?
At this time, the Single Sign On beta is a closed beta, and users are selected for inclusion based on product usage criteria.
Important: Before enabling Single Sign-On please save any work in progress in Clio Manage and Grow.
- On login to Clio Manage (app.clio.com), qualified users will be presented with an opportunity to link their accounts.
From this page, users may:
- Enable Single Sign On
- Skip single sign on (will be presented on next login)
- Open Knowledge Centre Article describing Single Sign On to learn more.
2. Enable Single Sign On will bring the user to the Account Linking Details page
From this page, users may:
- Continue with SSO
- Cancel, which will skip the remainder of this flow and bring user into Manage.
- Choose, "These accounts shouldn't be linked" to assist users who wish to keep their account separate.
3. Continue brings the user to the Password Creation page
Are there any password requirements for my new Clio ID?
- Don’t use a password from another site.
- Don’t use something obvious like your firm’s name, or your name.
- Use a phrase that is more than 8 characters, the longer the password, the better.
- We strongly recommend enabling 2 Factor Authentication to enhance the security of your account.
4. Success! Your single sign on has been enabled, and you will receive a confirmation email.
Are there any limitations to Clio Single Sign On (Beta)
- Mobile Logins - Clio single sign on does not yet support two factor authentication from within the Clio iOS application.