The Settings menu has many options for things you can set up and turn on/off in Clio. An account administrator has full privileges, while a user only has limited things they can access. For more information on Permissions, please click HERE. To find the Settings menu, you simply click on the gear wheel to your initials at the top of the Clio screen and then choose "Settings".
View of Settings:
Account and Payment Information This section includes:
- Account Info: This is where you can upload information like your Firm Address, phone and other information. This information is pulled into invoices.
- Payment Info: Here is where you would enter your credit card information to pay for your Clio Subscription.
Manage Users: This is where you can view, add, and edit permissions of users of the account. This is also where Account Administrators will go to force users to change their passwords. Click HERE for more information.
Groups, Permissions, and Job Titles: Manage user Groups, Permissions, and Job Titles (Timekeeper Classification codes) in this section.
- Groups: Account Administrators can set up groups. When you create a matter you can determine if only members of a specific group can see the information inside that matter. Click HERE for more information.
- Permissions: This gives you a broad overview of who in your firm has what Permission level. Click HERE for more information.
- Job Titles: This is a list of the Job Titles that have been added to your account. Job Titles can be added to user profiles and will appear on LEDES formatted invoices as the Timekeeper Classification. Click HERE for more information.
Custom Fields: You can set up Custom Fields to hold information in your Contact and Matter cards. Custom Fields are available to subscribers of our Legacy, Boutique, and Elite plans. Click HERE for more information.
Recovery Bin: When you delete something in Clio, this is a permanent action. However, Clio account administrators may be able to restore an item that was deleted. Click HERE for more information.
Security: Allows you to manage your security level, update passwords, and monitor account sessions.
- Update Password: Allows you to change your password while in your Clio session.
- Two-Factor Setup: You can add an extra layer of security to your Clio account by enabling this feature. Click HERE for more information.
- Sessions: Account Administrators can see who is logged into Clio, from what IP address and for how long. Click HERE for more information.
- Password Security: This is where Account Administrators can enable strong password requirements for the firm users and specify a password expiry period. Click HERE for more information.
Documents: Account Administrators can set up settings for integrations with Box, Dropbox and Google Drive, and NetDocuments. This is also where you can view available merge fields for Document Automation and enable Document Preview.
Profile: This section contains the following information:
- Your Information: This allows users to update their own personal information like email, timezone and such.
- Personal Performance: This is where you will set up your metrics so that you can graph your performance. Click HERE for more information.
- Your Profile Picture: There is the Firm Feed in Clio which shows an image of the user that performed an action on a file. You can go here to choose an avatar or upload your own picture.
- Maildrop Email Aliases: If you would like the ability to send emails from Clio from alternate email addresses, then you can add them here. Click HERE for more information.
Clio Mobile Apps: This section allows users to remotely deauthorize their Clio iPhone, iPad, and Android apps in case of a lost or stolen device, or if they have forgotten their PIN on their device.
Contact and Calendar Sync: This is where you would go to set up your bi-directional sync to Google or Office 365. Click HERE for more information.
Apps: Clio has several third-party application partners that have developed tools that connect directly with Clio. You can view information about these applications and add them here. For more information on this topic, click HERE.
Text Snippets: Text snippets are helpful abbreviations for commonly used phrases that can be used through Clio to auto fill in desired text. For more information, click HERE.
Reminders, Notifications, and Alerts: This section contains the following information:
- Reminders: This allows you to set up reminders on behalf of other users in your firm. For more information click HERE.
- Notifications: Manage your notification preferences regarding specific areas of Clio.
- Restore Alert Messages: When you start in Clio there are blue boxes that give information on the page you are looking at. Go here to restore them if you have previously chosen to hide them.
Court Rules: This is where you can manage your Court Rules jurisdictions and default settings. Court Rules is available to subscribers of our Elite plan. For more information, click HERE.
Firm Preferences: This section includes:
- Matter Numbering: You can set how your files are numbered here. For more information, click HERE.
- Practice Areas: When you create a matter, you assign a Practice Area to it. You can come here to add, edit and delete Practice Areas.
Billing: This area allows users with billing permissions to manage the bill settings and touches the following areas:
- Bill Settings: You can upload a logo, set up your currency, taxes, decimal and time rounding and manage bill payments when deleting bills.
- Bill Themes: There are over 150 different customizations that you can make to your invoice. You save the customizations on templates (Bill Themes) so that you can apply them to your invoices. Click HERE for more information.
- Payment Profile: As part of the Interest Calculations feature, you can create and manage the payment profiles to be used for specific clients or billing situations.
- UTBMS Codes: If your firm uses UTBMS codes and LEDES formatted invoices, you can enable code sets here. UTBMS codes are available to subscribers of our Legacy, Boutique, and Elite plans. Click HERE for more information.
Clio Payments: This area allows you to sign up for Clio Payments.
Data Escrow: For users that would like to send a weekly copy of their Clio information and documents to a secure location. Click HERE for more information.
Firm Feed: You have the ability to hide or show the firm feed in the several locations it can appear. For more information, please click HERE.
Clio Connect & Sharing: Set-up your shared resources, online payments, and edit bill preview settings.
- Branding: Allows you to add your firm's logo and firm name to reflect your firm's brand and image. Click HERE for more information.
- Shared Clio Connect Resources: This is a list of all items that are being shared via Clio Connect. Click HERE for more information.
- Clio Connect Bill Settings: This is simply a place to turn on the ability for your clients to see your bills in the proper Bill Theme format.