DirectLaw is a full-featured client portal application that includes a web-enabled document automation solution plus state specific libraries of automated legal documents. Thanks to the Clio Platform, DirectLaw users can now connect their DirectLaw account with their Clio account.
How to Connect
1. Log into your DirectLaw account.
2. Click the "Export to Clio" link next to the information you want to move to Clio.
3. When prompted by DirectLaw, click "Continue."
4. When prompted by Clio, click "Yes, Let's Connect."
5. DirectLaw confirms the connection:
6. Click "OK."
7. To verify, go to your Clio account, under Settings > Apps. DirectLaw appears as an "Authorized Apps"
8. Perform a search for the new Contact you just created, and when you click the Matters tab, new Matters for DirectLaw have been created.
PLEASE NOTE: You must return to DirectLaw to update or complete Document Preparation, Legal Document Review, Legal Advice and anything else you normally perform in DirectLaw.
To update the Matter in Clio, simply click the "Update Clio" link: