User Within Your Clio Account
You can securely send intra-office and client messages from within Clio. When you receive a message, the Inbox icon will appear in the Clio header. It will also be noted in the Firm Feed.
Clicking on the Inbox icon will take you to the "Inbox" section of the "Communications" tab. From your Inbox, you can view any message that you are a party to and send new messages by clicking the ADD button.
If you share a Secure Message with an external Contact, they will receive an email asking them to log into Clio Connect to view and respond to it.
Clio Connect User
If that person is an external contact then the following will happen.
1. That person will get an email advising them they have a new message. If they have never logged into Clio Connect, they will have to create a password to securely log in.
2. The Clio Connect user will be directed to the secure message when they click on the link provided in the email to access it.
3. The Clio Connect user can send a reply message back to the Clio user (and optionally attach a document).
Who is an authorized Clio Connect user?
Someone that you have shared a document, bill or message with and that person has signed up with their password to create their secure Clio Connect portal.
Who can view the Messages?
- If a Secure Message is attached to a Matter, the Secure Message will be visible to anyone that has permission to view that Matter. If the message is ever edited and no longer attached to a Matter, the message will now only be visible by the two parties included in the Secure Message.
- If the Secure Message is not associated to a Matter, the Secure Message is only visible to the two parties included in the Secure Message. If the message is ever edited and attached to a Matter, then the message will now be visible to anyone that has permission to view that Matter.
You can manage your notification preferences for Secure Messages in your Settings > Reminders, Notifications, and Alerts > Notifications area.