Now that you've integrated your Box account with Clio, you will likely have documents that you would like to move from Box to Clio. While not automated, it is a fairly easy process.
Please note that if you have questions about Box and it's abilities/functions, you should contact Box directly. The following steps serve as a general guide to assist you in the process of moving documents into the Clio/Box integration. The steps shown are done from the web interface of Box and you may choose to move the folders over in a slightly different way. Additionally, if the integration between Clio and Box is disconnected, the moved files will no longer be accessible in Clio, but they will still remain stored in Box.
- Open your Box account to view your folders. Once the integration is set up you will have a "Clio" folder as well as any existing folders/documents you have:
- Within the Clio folder you will see that Clio has automatically set up sub-folders that match the sub-folders in your Clio/Box account. This is so that any documents placed in these sub-folders will be linked the appropriate client and matter.
- Now, go to a folder or document(s) in Box that you want to move to the Clio integration. In my example, I would like all the sub-folders in my Scott Archer folder moved. Check the box to the right of all items to move and choose Move or Copy:
- When you do so, you will be asked where the files are supposed to go. Choose the Clio folder-appropriate client subfolder-appropriate matter:
- Now when you look at the matter sub-folder in Clio, you will see the sub-folders/documents that you have moved over:
Follow these steps for all items you would like to move into the Clio/Box integration.
Warning: Do not move or rename the Clio folder or any of its subfolders.
What if I want to move over something that is not associated to a client or matter?
You can do this, simply move/copy the item from Box to Clio and the folder/documents will show up in your Clio/Box list and will not be attached to a client/matter.