With Task Lists, you can create groups of templates for the tasks that you work on most often. Each Task in a list can be given a separate Due Date in relation to the other Tasks in the list. You can then assign those tasks individually to any Firm User, or you can batch assign an entire list.
Creating a Task List
Adding Task Templates to the Task List
Editing a Task Template
Assigning Task Lists From Inside a Matter
To Create a Task Template List:
- Click Tasks
- Click Task Lists (on the top right)
- Click New task list
- Add Name, Description and Practice Area
- Click Save and close or Save and add tasks
Adding Task Templates to the Task List tasks
- Click Tasks
- Click Task lists (on the top right)
- Click on the name of the task list
- Click Add task template (on the top right)
- Name: Specify what the Task is called or what it entails (Mandatory field)
- Priority: The order in which you would like the task to appear on the Task list
- Description: A large area to write more complete details of the Task (Optional field)
- Private task: When a task is set to private, it is only visible to the creator of the task, the task assignee, and any Clio users with administrator permissions.
- Task type: Drop down of task types you have created
- Time Estimate: The amount of time effort; can be in hourly, minute or combination.
- Assignee: This is the Firm User that the Task will be assigned to. "Use list assignee" indicates that you will choose an Assignee for the Task List when it is assigned.
- Permissions (Lock Icon): Tasks can be "Public" which are shared firm wide, or "Private" - which are only viewable by Assignee and Account Admins.
- Due Date: You can either use the "Use Trigger Date" option, which would set the due date once the task list is assigned or the "Relative due date" based on an existing task in the task list.
- Add a reminder: Add an Email or Popup Task Reminder if desired.
- Save Buttons: When you have updated all fields, click the "Save task template" button to save and close the window or click "Save & create another" to save and refresh the window.
To change edit the task, click Edit under the Actions column.
Additional Information: Assigning a Task List to a Matter
Once you have created your necessary Task List Templates, you assign them to your matters by following - How to Assign Task Lists From Inside a Matter