We are pleased to offer the ability to integrate your Clio account with Xero. In order to use the integration, you must have a Xero subscription.
The current integration allows users to:
- Sync contacts between Clio and Xero
- Contacts originating from Xero only will not be synced over to Clio and must be manually entered into Clio
- Contacts in Clio and Xero with matching names and email address will be linked and won't be duplicated in Xero
- Only contacts with Bills will be synced from Clio to Xero
- Once synced, if you update a linked Contact in either application it will update the other application
- Sync Bills from Clio to Xero (one-way from Clio to Xero)
- All Bills except for those that have been voided will be synced
- Selecting a date range will limit which Bills are synced (based on the issue date of the Bill)
- Sync Payments from Clio to Xero (one-way from Clio to Xero)
- Payments received on Bills in Clio are added to the corresponding invoices in Xero
- Payment edits or deletions in Clio will be synced to Xero
- Payment edits or deletions in Xero will be overwritten by the Clio Sync
- If you select a date range, only payments on invoices with issue dates within the date range will be synced
- Sync Credit Notes from Clio to Xero (one-way from Clio to Xero)
- Credit Notes applied to Bills in Clio are added to the corresponding invoices in Xero
- If you select a date range, only Credit Notes on invoices with issues dates within the date range will be synced
Note regarding Trust Accounting
If you prefer, you can turn off payment syncing in order to have more control over the way your Bills are paid in Xero. This can be a helpful function when dealing with trust payments.
Due to limitations in place by Xero, trust account transactions cannot be synced; however, Clio has complete trust ledger and trust reconciliation functionality. For further information, see this article. The Trust Ledger Report, Trust Listing Report, and Bank Account Activity Report can all help you facilitate the necessary tracking of your trust accounts in your accounting software.
Linking Clio to Xero
To connect your Xero account to Clio, go to "Settings" and click on "Bill Syncing":
Then click on the link to "Link Xero Account":
Next, you will be prompted to log in to Xero if you are not already logged in. Once logged in, you will have to authorize the integration:
As mentioned previously, you can sync four things: Contacts, Bills, Payments, and Credit Notes. Once you have authorized the connection, your Contacts will immediately start syncing.
To link your Clio Bills to Xero, check the box "Export Bills from Clio to Xero" and determine where the matching Time Entries and Expenses should go once imported. You should also map your Payments, Interest, and Credit Notes to the desired accounts in your Chart of Accounts. These account names are pulled from those already created within your Xero Chart of Accounts.
Note: If you prefer not to have payments synced over to Xero, leave the field "Match Clio payments to Xero bank account" to the default value "None". Your accountant may find this helpful, as it allows a greater control over coding payments in Xero.
Below is an example (the names of your accounts may be different):
Note: In order for Clio to recognize a Xero account, it must have an account code. This can be added in the Chart of Accounts settings inside of Xero.
If you have questions about which accounts in your Xero Chart of Accounts to link your Clio information to, please consult your accountant, or one of our Clio Certified Consultants.
When you set up the Bill integration, all invoices that are in Clio will be brought over to Xero. Going forward, when you create or edit an invoice, add a payment, or add a credit note in Clio it will reflect in Xero every five minutes.
Congratulations! You have set up your integration. For information on how to use this, please click here.