When generating a new bill, the select "Detail level" dialog presents users with three possible billing options: Aggregate, Summary and All-detail. The difference between these various methods is detailed as follows:
- Aggregate: this method provides four options:
- "All items aggregated" which condenses all activities in association with a particular bill into a single line-item annotated by default as “Services rendered”.
- "Aggregated by type" which condenses Expenses and Time separately into two line items. The Time line item will says "Services rendered" and the Expenses line item will says "Reimbursable Expenses".
- "Only service aggregated" will aggregate the Time into a single line item and the Expenses will include all details.
- "Only expenses aggregated" will aggregate the Expenses into a single line item and the Time will include all details.
- Activity Summary: this method condenses all similar activities (as determined by activity description) in association with a particular bill into a several aggregate line-items. This billing option is appropriate when it is desired to provide clients with a distribution of time allocated by class, but where conciseness and simplicity is still preferred.
- All Details: this method displays each activity in association with a particular bill as a separate line item. This billing option is preferred by most practitioners, and is ideal for providing clients with the greatest amount of bill precision and transparency.
We are going to enter 5 time entries using 3 Activity Descriptions as follows:
After generating a new bill, you will see below a snapshot of how each bill would look depending on the detail level chosen. Please note your Bill Theme will affect the visual appearance so it may not look exactly the same.
All items in separate lines.
All items that are part of the same Activity Categories are grouped together.
"All Items Aggregate": All line items are put together in a single line item.
"Aggregate by Type": Expenses and Time each in a single line item.
"Only Services Aggregated": Time in a single line item and Expenses in full detail.
"Only Expenses Aggregated": Expenses in a single line item and Time in full detail.
See "How do I create a Bill?" for more information.