Applying a category to your files and folders in Clio will allow you to quickly filter your Documents.
- Nagivate to the Documents section on the lefthand sidebar
- Click on the Categories and templates button on the top rightbar corner
- Click on the Categories subtab
- To add a new category, click on blue New Category button on the top right
- To edit a category, click on Edit beside the Category name you are looking to edit.
You can apply a category to a file when uploading it to Clio.
You can also add a category to existing files and folders by clicking on the Drop-Down Arrow under the Action column.
Select Edit Details and a modal with appear to select a Category.
To filter your folders and files by category, go to the Documents tab and click on the "Filter" button then select the category you want to filter in the "Category" field.