Chrometa passively captures your work on the computer - Documents, emails, calls, and web browsing.
You don't need timers or stopwatches. It allocates the time to your Clio matters, time categories, and law firm employees. With just one click, you send your timesheets to Clio.
Accurate, Passive Timekeeping
- Sitting in the background of your PC or Mac, Chrometa accurately captures your activity without disrupting you.
- Documents (MS Office, OpenOffice, PDFs...), Emails, Phone calls, and Text Messages are automatically recorded by Chrometa
Automatic Time Allocation
- Chrometa automatically allocates time entries to Clio matter and time categories, using the document name, matter ID, email addresses...
Solo or Firm timekeeping
- A single user in Chrometa can review and send the timesheets to Clio for the entire firm, using a Team account. Exporting time to Clio can be manual or scheduled to run on a regular basis, for e.g., every Friday at 5 pm.
- All data can be reviewed, edited before sending to Clio
Powerful Reporting Features
- You can run reports to see where you're spending your time.
Sync Your Time Entries to Clio
- Your time entries and invoices will automatically sync with Clio
Create the Connection Between Chrometa and Clio
Enable the Sync of Matters/Projects
Associate Time with Matters
Export your Time Entries Back to Clio
Chrometa for Android and iPhone
Learn more about Chrometa
First, you need to sign up for a Chrometa account at app.chrometa.com and create a new account.
- In Chrometa, click on Account
- Select Integrations
- Click Clio
- Click Connect
You will then be directed back to Clio where you will be prompted to confirm the connection with Chrometa.
Login with your Clio credentials (if you are not already logged in), then click "Yes, Let's Connect".
When you connect Clio to Chrometa, the browser directs you back to Chrometa.
To sync your Clio Matters, click "Projects" in Chrometa, then click "Sync with Clio". If you don't see your Matters appearing in Chrometa, refresh your internet browser.
Please note: When you add new Matters to Clio, you will have to click the "Sync with Clio" button to update your Matters/Projects list in Chrometa.
Chrometa will automatically update the amount of time that you have spent working in different applications once an hour. To view your recorded time in Chrometa, click "Time" then either the "Summary" or "Timeline" tabs. To associate a time entry with a Matter, check the box beside the time description, then click "Move to Project" and select the appropriate Matter.
To export time entries from Chrometa to Clio for billing, click "Time" then "Summary" and scroll down to the Timesheet section. Check the boxes beside the time entries that you would like to export back to Clio then click "Export" and select "Clio".
Categorized time entries, or time entries associated with a Matter, are synced to Clio. Uncategorized time, or time not associated with a Matter, remains in Chrometa.
iPhone users with Verizon, AT&T, or Sprint can have their call logs imported into Chrometa along with phone numbers. Once you have associated a phone number with a Contact, then subsequent call logs with automatically be associated with the correct Contact.
For more information about using Chrometa with your Android or iPhone device, click HERE.
In around 30 minutes, Brett Owen, CEO and Co-Founder of Chrometa, will take you through Chrometa's fantastic time tracking abilities and show you how to connect your Chrometa account with Clio.
You can open or compose an email, draft a document, answer phones, conduct meetings or anything else you do during the day, and it will automatically track your time. Learn how to capture time by using the Chrometa interface, and then import all of that information directly into Clio so that it is available to bill out to your clients in just a few clicks. This easy to use integration could help your firm manage your time tracking even more efficiently than ever before.