In Clio, Disbursements are referred to as "Expenses" and you are able to create Disbursements in several areas of Clio.
To enter a Disbursement from the Activities page:
- Access the Activities page
- Navigate to the Expenses sub-tab
- Click on the green "Add" button.
You can also enter Disbursements from the page of a Matter, which will pre-populate the Matter field for the Disbursement. To do so, go to the Matter detail page and click on the "Expenses" sub-tab, then click on the "Add" button.
In the Add Expense Entry window, you will find the following fields:
- Matter: Entering the Disbursement from the Matter page, this field will already be populated if within a Matter, but if adding from the Activities tab this field will be blank
- User: Select the User in the Firm who is creating the Disbursement (this will default to the active User)
- Date: This will show the current date automatically, but you may choose to enter the Date that the Disbursement was created
- Expense Code (optional): This field is where you will select a relevant UTBMS code (provided that you have this feature enabled)
- Amount: Enter the Amount of the Disbursement
- Note: Add a Description of the Disbursement here
To change the wording from "Expenses" to "Disbursements" on your Invoices, please check out our Support article on the topic here.