Matters are the heart of Clio with links to relevant all information. This article details the options available to you when managing your Matters.
- Matter Number/Description: You can customize how your Matters are numbered. For more information, see the "Custom Matter Numbering" article. To change the Matter Description, edit the Matter.
- Share Button: Click to share this Matter with a Contact via "Clio Connect", our Secure Portal
- Edit Button: Click Edit to make any changes to the Matter information.
- Financial: The Financial section includes information on the time and expenses entered on the Matter, trust funds entered on the Matter, and the outstanding balance owing on Bills.
- Contacts: The Contacts section includes information on the client, and any related contacts on the Matter.
- Matter Details: This is a snapshot of your Matter information. To edit this data, click the "Edit" button.
- Timeline: The Timeline displays a running history of important actions taken on the Matter.
- Custom fields: This is a snapshot of custom field information entered on this Matter.
The Timeline offers a running history of important information on a Matter.
The "Activities" tab displays time and expenses entered on the Matter. You can also add time and expenses here.
The "Calendar" tab displays calendar entries for this Matter. You can add calendar entries or court rules here.
The "Communications" tab displays phone and email logs, as well as secure messages relevant to the Matter. You can also add logs or send messages here.
The "Notes" tab displays notes entered on the Matter. You can also add notes here. Notes can be used to document important information, and keep everyone at the firm up to date with new developments on the Matter.
The "Documents" tab displays the Matter's document folder and all the documents inside. You can also add documents or create documents via document automation here.
The "Tasks" tab displays tasks related to the Matter. You can also add new tasks here and track the status of tasks.
The "Bills" tab displays Bills related to the Matter.
The "Transactions" tab displays movements of Matter-related funds on Clio's account ledgers. This includes trust deposits, bill payments, etc. You can disburse funds, transfer funds, or enter another type of transaction here.
The "Clio Connect" tab displays Matter-specific resources (documents, calendar entries, etc) that you've shared. You stop sharing them on this page if you want to remove access.