Now that you've integrated your NetDocuments account with Clio, you will likely have documents that you would like to move from NetDocuments to Clio. While not automated, it is a fairly easy process.
Please note that if you have questions about NetDocuments and it's abilities/functions, you should contact NetDocuments directly. The following steps serve as a general guide to assist you in the process of moving documents into the Clio/NetDocuments integration. The steps shown are done from the web interface of NetDocuments and you may choose to move the folders over in a slightly different way.
- Open your NetDocuments account to view your folders. Once the integration is set up you will have a "Clio" folder as well as any existing folders/documents you have:
- Within the Clio folder you will see that Clio has automatically set up sub-folders that match the sub-folders in your Clio/NetDocuments account. This is so that any documents placed in these sub-folders will be linked the appropriate client and matter.
- Now, go to a folder or document(s) in NetDocuments that you want to move to the Clio integration. In my example, I would like all the files in my Documents folder moved. (1)Select the items I wish to move (2) There is a box that appears to the right hand side click "Group options" and click "Move/Copy".
- When you do so, you will be asked where the files are supposed to go. Choose the Clio folder-appropriate client subfolder-appropriate matter. Select "Move" or "Copy".
- Now when you look at the matter sub-folder in Clio, you will see the sub-folders/documents that you have moved over:
Follow these steps for all items you would like to move into the Clio/NetDocuments integration.
What if I want to move over something that is not associated to a client or matter?
You can do this, simply move/copy the item from NetDocuments to Clio and the folder/documents will show up in your Clio/NetDocuments list and will not be attached to a client/matter.