Please note that if you have questions about Google Drive and it's abilities/functions, you should contact Google directly. The following steps serve as a general guide to assist you in the process of moving documents into the Clio/Google Drive integration. The steps shown are done from the web interface of Google Drive and you may choose to move the folders over in a slightly different way.
- Open your Google Drive account to view your folders. Once the integration is set up you will have a "Clio" folder as well as any existing folders/documents you have:
Warning: Do not move or rename the Clio folder or any of its subfolders.
- Within the Clio folder you will see that Clio has automatically set up sub-folders that match the sub-folders in your Clio/Google Drive account. This is so that any documents placed in these sub-folders will be linked the appropriate client and matter.
- Now, go to a folder or document(s) in Google Drive that you want to move to the Clio integration. In my example, I would like all the sub-folders in my Scott Archer documents moved. Select the items, click “More”, and click “Move to”.
- When you do so, you will be asked where the files are supposed to go. Choose the Clio folder-appropriate client subfolder-appropriate matter:
- Now when you look at the matter sub-folder in Clio, you will see the sub-folders/documents that you have moved over:
Follow these steps for all items you would like to move into the Clio/Dropbox integration.
Moving Something Not Associated with a Client or Matter
You can do this, simply move/copy the item from Google Drive to Clio and the folder/documents will show up in your Clio/Google Drive list and will not be attached to a client/matter.
Creating Documents from the Google Drive Integration in Clio
- Click the Matters tab.
- Click into an Open Matter or Pending Matter, depending how you setup Google Drive integration.
- Click the Documents tab and make sure you are in Google Drive.
- Create a New Document in Google Drive by clicking on the "Create" button or upload a document by clicking the "Add" button. The new Document is automatically associated with the specific Matter.