Whenever you add a Calendar event in Clio, you can set event date reminders for yourself and others.
When you create a Calendar appointment, you can add a reminder by clicking on the "Reminder" tab in the Create Calendar window.
You will then be provided with a few reminder options:
- Send an email reminder to yourself
- A Clio pop-up reminder for yourself
- Send an email reminder to any other user on your Clio account
- Send an email reminder to any client that has a Clio Connect account
Note: For pop-up reminders: if the user is not logged into Clio at the time that a 'pop-up' Reminder is to be sent, the Reminder will display at their next log in.
If you would like to send email reminders to any other email address, you will first have to get authorization for Clio to send emails to that address.
- Go to the Clio Settings panel and click on "Reminders, Notifications, and Alerts" in the Personal column.
- On the "Reminders" tab, click the "Add" button.
- In the "Add Delivery Method" window, enter in the email address that you want send reminders to, then click "Next".
- Clio will now send a message to the email address provided with a verification code. The owner of the email address will have to provide you with this code, which you will have to enter in the verification field (you can close the pop-up window and return here when you are ready to enter the verification code).
Verification Code Field
- Once you have entered in the verification code, you will be able to select that email address when adding reminders to Calendar events and Tasks.