You can sync your Alt Legal and Clio accounts to add a synced calendar, create Alt Legal contacts from Clio contacts, and link your matters.
First, it is important to note that the sync goes from Alt Legal to Clio, and can't be done in reverse.
In your settings (identified by the gear icon on the far left menu), there is an option for connecting with your Clio account:
This will connect your user account (and only your own user account) to Clio. All users that want to connect to Clio must perform this action.
Clicking "Connect Clio firm user account" will open this new window:
Select the appropriate type of account, and it will re-direct you to login to Clio. Once you've entered your username and password in Clio, the next screen will ask you to allow Alt Legal access.
Click Allow Access, and Alt Legal will now be synced with Clio. You'll see the user settings page update to indicate this as well.
Syncing Clio Calendar
If you've followed the steps above, your Alt Legal Calendar will automatically sync to a Calendar in Clio called "Alt Legal." This may take a few minutes, so please allow time for it to populate.
If for some reason it hasn't populated after a period of time, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.
Syncing Clio Contacts
Once you've followed the steps to sync Clio, you can add Contacts from Clio to Alt Legal. To add a Contact from Clio, simply follow these steps:
- Go to Contacts, on the left side menu.
- In the top right corner of the Contacts page you'll see "Import Clio Contact."
- Click this and a small window will pop-up, asking for the exact name of the Contact.
- You can then Add them, or Add & Open.
- Add & Open will allow you to edit the newly added Contact inside Alt Legal (but it does not change the Clio Contact in Clio).