We've developed a special tool for use in removing duplicate Calendar events. Please note that this tool should be used with caution as it can affect a great deal of data in your account. Therefore we suggest carefully reviewing the preview of the operation prior to proceeding.
The general process is as follows:
- Go to https://app.clio.com/bulk_operations (please note only users with Administrator permissions can access this page).
- Please read through the instructions on that page carefully.
- Click on the Add button.
- Select Remove Duplicate Calendar Events. (Do NOT choose "Reset Calendar" as this will delete ALL calendar entries, and clear your entire calendar)
- Select the Calendar from which you would like to remove duplicate events.
- Click Generate Preview.
- Wait for the preview to finish. This may take a while depending on the number of calendar entries, and you may need to refresh the page periodically. Once it is complete, click View Preview.
The Preview page will provide details about exactly what will change as a result of the operation. Review the list of entries to be deleted carefully; once you are sure you'd like to proceed, click Confirm Deletion, which will bring you back to the main page. If you do not want to proceed, you can click "Cancel".
To start the operation, click Perform Operation. The operation may take a while depending on the number of duplicate entries. Please note that once it is started, it cannot be stopped.
In the event that you have a Calendar Sync set up, with Google or Outlook, please be aware that this operation may impact the information stored there. We generally suggest leaving the Sync connected, as chances are that if there are duplicates in Clio, there are also likely duplicates in Google/Outlook. Leaving it connected during the operation will help ensure that those duplicates are cleaned up in the other service as well.
If you have any issues completing this operation, or questions in regards to it, please call our Support team at 1-888-858-2546 x200.