You can add a budget to a Matter when creating a new Matter or when editing an existing Matter. To add a budget to a Matter, scroll down to the "Matter Billing" section of the Matter edit form then check the box beside "This matter has a budget".
- Budget Amount: Enter the maximum amount that should be charged to the Matter.
- Budget includes expenses: Check this box if you want expenses to be counted towards the Matter’s budget.
- Notify users when matter reaches: Check this box if you want an email notification to be sent when charges on the Matter have reached a specific percentage.
- Select Recipients: Select the users that should receive notifications regarding the Matter’s budget.
If you enabled Matter Budget notifications, the selected recipients will receive an email notification when:
- the Matter Budget threshold percentage has been reached; and when
- the details of the Matter Budget have been changed.