There are 2 ways in Clio that you can share a bill with your clients: via email and via Clio Connect.
This article details the general steps for sharing a bill in Clio.
Accounts that have connected to Clio Payments will also be able to offer their clients the ability to pay their bills online. More information below.
Sharing Multiple Bills
Paying Bills Online
To share a bill with your client, navigate to an invoice or bill state then click on the Share button.
This will open your sharing options.
- Select Contacts for Sharing: The Matter client will automatically populate in the Select Contacts field. To choose additional contacts, start typing a contact's name in the field and select the appropriate contact when from the dropdown.
- Select Notification Method: Select whether the bill should be shared by email or via Clio Connect.
- Add a Message: Click to add a message to the email notification fro either sharing method.
A bill that has been successfully shared will display a green Shared indicator to the right of the invoice ID number.
Note: Sharing a bill via email is only available to subscribers of our Loyalty, Boutique, and Elite plans.
When you share a bill with your client via email, they will receive the bill as a PDF attachment along with the optional message that you can add to the email in step 3 above.
Tip: If you add a message to your email when sending the bill, a communication will be logged in the Matter.
When you share a bill via Clio Connect, your client will receive an email notification with a link to the bill in Clio Connect. If this is the first time that your client is accessing Clio Connect, they will have to setup a password before being able to view the bill.
For more information about what your client will see when viewing a bill in Clio Connect, see the Working with Bills in Clio Connect article. To re-share a Bill, simply select to stop sharing it via clicking again on the Share button, and then select to share it once more under the Bills tab of the Matter. This will give your client a new email stating that a Bill has been shared.
Sharing Multiple Invoices
You can easily share multiple invoices at once. To do so:
- Navigate to the main Bills page
- Select Awaiting Payment
- Use the checkboxes to select the Bills you would like to share
- Click the Share button at the top of the Bills table
- Select the applicable options in the Share Item window
- Select Share Bills
Clio Payments allows you to connect an existing LawPay account or apply for an account within Clio to accept credit cards and give your clients the ability to pay bill via secure link.
For more information about Clio Payments, see our Clio Payments related articles.