Clio's Trust Listing Report is designed to give firms a quick summary of client trust fund balances across all client accounts. This report is categorized by client, account name, last activity date, client balance, and client opening and closing balance summary.
Generate the report
To generate the report:
- In Clio Manage, select Reports in the left navigation menu.
- Click Client or scroll down to Client reports and select Trust listing.
- Choose from several settings within the report options page to get the information you need for your report.
- Select client: select All clients to view data for all firm clients or Specific clients to view data for a specific client.
- Select practice area: the default setting for sorting by practice area is all practice areas. You also have the option to choose a specific practice area.
- Report options:
- Include balances not associated with a client: if you select this option, the report will include trust account balances that are not linked to a client or matter.
- Show clients with zero balance: if you select this option, the report will show all clients with trust accounts regardless of the account balance.
- Select date range: to see clients with trust funds regardless of the date of the transaction, change the date range to "All Dates". To see trust fund transactions during specific dates, use the filter to specify the desired date range. Restricting this data will give a historical representation of your data.
- Output format: you can generate this report as a Web, PDF, or CSV version. The Web report will display in your Clio Manage browser window. Both the PDF and CSV file can be downloaded and printed.
- Click Generate report.
When this report is generated, it will show the balance in each client's trust account. If a date range is specified, you will see transaction data specific to ONLY that date range.
- Account Name: this column displays the name of the trust account.
- Last Activity Date: this column displays the most recent transaction in the account.
- Client Balance: this column displays the current amount in trust for your client.
The PDF and Web versions of the report have a separate Balance Summary section at the bottom of the report. This section displays the collective total of your trust accounts. All transactions for all clients and matters are taken into account for the total.
You can sort or remove columns and rows if you generate the report as a CSV. Learn more about filtering and sorting reports in Excel by reading this article.
Frequently asked questions
What do I do if the total in my report is different from the total reflected in Accounts?
Go to your Accounts page and select the appropriate trust account. Click the matter or client header to sort the columns. This will show transactions that have no client or matter attached. These are floating balances that will not get accounted for in this report.
Why does a client name appear even though there are no transaction dates or balances?
The client's name will still populate on the report if they have any trust transactions outside of a custom date range. This is to notify you the client has a trust account and balance with the firm just not within the specified range.