Clio's Trust Listing Report is designed to give firms a summary view of clients' Trust balances across accounts.
To generate the Report, first click on the Reports tab at the upper right of your page in the black ribbon. Then, scroll to the Client Reports section of Reports, and select Trust Listing.
Within the Report Options page you have several settings you can choose from to get the information you require on your report:
- Show Clients with a zero balance: Selecting this option will display all clients on your report regardless of a currently held account balance.
- Select Report Detail (All Clients/Specific Client): Choose if you want to generate the report for all clients, or a specific client. Restricting the report to a single client will ensure that Transactions under your selected client will display, where as restricting the report to All Clients will ensure Transactions under all clients and matters will display.
- Select Practice Area: You have the ability to limit the results on your generated Report to a specific Practice Area, or by default you can select to display all Practice Areas. Do note that if you select to report on a single Practice Area, that all matters you wish to display under your clients will have to have the Practice Area assigned to it. More on Practice Areas can be read in our Managing Practice Areas Support Article.
- Select Date Range: When restricting your date range, this will affect the information that displays in the columns. If a specific Date Range is selected, only transactions within that range will be accounted for. An opening balance, or current balance, will not be carried over from outside this range. Choose the "Custom" option if you want to determine a specific range outside of the default selection.
- Select Report Format: You can generate this report in PDF, .CSV, or Web version. The PDF and .CSV are downloadable files, whereas the Web version will only display in your browser. The advantage of a Web format is that it will include hyperlinks to the source of the records on your report.
The generated Trust Listing Report will display your clients' current balances in their Trust Accounts. If a Date Range is utilized you will only see transactions within that range accounted for.
This report can also be generated in a .CSV format. This can be useful if you wish to further filter your report.
The total listed in the Balance Summary section at the end of the report will display the current balance of your Trust accounts collectively. This means that all transactions for all clients and matters are taken into account.
If my matter is non-billable, will transactions for those matters still display on this report?
If your matter has been selected as non-billable this will mean that you cannot generate a new invoice for this matter from the Billable Clients page under the Bills tab. If you have any outstanding bills for this matter they will display in this report as long as they have been approved. This will be regardless of whether or not the matter is currently set as billable.
What if I only want to manipulate the data in this Report?
When generating a Report in a .CSV format you can have additional options for manipulation as sorting, or removing certain columns or rows. For more information on manipulating .CSV, please see our Basic Techniques for Filtering and Sorting Exports in Excel Support Article.
What do I do if my Report total does not reflect my Accounts total?
Go to your Accounts page and select the appropriate Trust account. Click on the column header "Matter" or "Client" which will sort to show any transactions that have no Client or Matter attached. These are floating balances that will not get accounted for in the Trust Ledger Report.