Clio's Bank Account Activity Report is designed to give firms a detailed view of transactions that have been logged within a specific account.
To generate the Report, first click on the Reports tab at the upper right of your page in the black ribbon. Then, scroll to the Client Reports section of Reports, and select Bank Account Activity.
Within the Report Options page you have several settings you can choose from to get the information you require on your report:
- Select Accounts: Select to display transactions under all bank accounts or a specific bank account.
- Select Practice Area: You have the ability to limit the results on your generated Report to a specific Practice Area, which will limit the matters displayed on this report to only display ones that fall within the selected Practice Area, or by default you can select to display all Practice Areas. More on Practice Areas can be read here.
- Select Date Range: When restricting your date range, this will affect the information that displays in the columns. Restricting your report will only display transactions that fall between your selected dates.
- Include Opening Balance: Select to display the Opening Balance for your selected bank accounts. If you do not select to Include Opening Balance, you will instead only see transaction activity within your selected range.
- Display Matter to Matter Transfer Transactions: Matter to Matter Transfers are funds moving within the same client account between Matter Balances, or to the Client balance. These Transfers could be to correct for a balance, or to make funds available for a different matter. You can opt to include these transfers, but by default they will not display.
- Select Report Format: You can generate this report in PDF, .CSV, or Web version. The PDF and .CSV are downloadable files, whereas the Web version will only display in your browser. The advantage of a Web format is that it will include hyperlinks to the source of the records on your report.
The generated Bank Account Activity Report will display all transactions that have occurred within the accounts displayed.This report can also be generated in a .CSV format. This can be useful if you wish to further filter your report.
The dates listed in this column relate to the date that the transaction occurred in the account.
The Source/Recipient column will display information input into the "Source/Recipient" field on the "New Transaction" window. It will also display bill payment information.
The Client column references which client the transaction was associated with.
The Matter column will display which Matter the transaction has been linked to.
The Description column will display anything input into the "Description" field on the "New Transaction" window.
The Funds Out column will reference any withdrawals or payments from the account.
The Funds In column displays transactions deposited into the account. For example, if a transaction is deposited into an account, you will see that amount of funds listed under the Funds In column.
The Balance column will display how much is in the account after each transaction listed.
Separately, in the final portion of the Bank Account Activity Report you will see a summary of your accounts' current balances.
If my matter is non-billable, will transactions for those matters still display on this report?
If your matter has been selected as non-billable this will mean that you cannot generate a new invoice for this matter from the Billable Clients page under the Bills tab. If you have any outstanding time entries for this matter they will display in this report as long as they have not been placed on approved invoices. This will be regardless of whether or not the matter is currently set as billable.
What if I only want to manipulate the data in this Report?
When generating a Report in a .CSV format you can have additional options for manipulation as sorting, or removing certain columns or rows. For more information on manipulating .CSV, please click here.