Clio's Bank Account Activity Report is designed to give firms a detailed breakdown of funds in and funds out across all firm bank accounts. This report is categorized by date, source/recipient, client, matter, description of the transaction, funds out, funds in, and account balance.
Generate the report
To generate the report:
- In Clio Manage, select Reports in the left navigation menu.
- Click Client or scroll down to Client reports and select Bank account activity.
- Choose from several settings within the report options page to get the information you need for your report.
- Select bank account: select All accounts to show transactions for all firm bank accounts, or select Specific account to show results for a specific firm account.
- Select practice area: the default setting for sorting by practice area is All practice areas. You also have the option to choose a Specific practice area.
- Report options:
- Include opening balance: if you select this option, the report will show the opening balance for each bank account.
- Display matter to matter transfer transactions: if you select this option, the report will show transactions that were transferred between a client's matters or transactions that were transferred from the client level funds to the client's matter.
- Select date range: you can filter your report results by choosing to see bank account transactions in a specific date range. Restricting the date range will only display transactions that fall in between the selected dates.
- Output format: you can generate this report as a Web, PDF, or CSV version. The Web report will display in your Clio Manage browser window. Both the PDF and CSV file can be downloaded and printed.
- Click Generate report.
When this report is generated, it will display all transactions that have occurred within the selected bank accounts.
- Date: this column displays the date that the transaction occurred in the account. Transactions that occur on the same day will appear in random order.
- Source/Recipient: this column displays the bill payment type.
- Client: this column displays the client who is associated with the transaction.
- Matter: this column displays the matter that is linked to the transaction.
- Description: this column displays information that was inserted into the "Description" field when a payment was recorded.
- Funds Out: this column lists withdrawals or payments from the bank account.
- Funds In: this column lists payments deposited into the bank account.
- Balance: this column displays the amount of money left in the account after each listed transaction.
The PDF and Web versions of the report have a separate Balance Summary section at the bottom of the report. This section lists the current balances of your accounts.
Data in the CSV version of the report will be separated for data manipulation. You can sort or remove columns and rows if you generate the report as a CSV. Learn more about filtering and sorting reports in Excel by reading this article.
The CSV report will also contain additional data such as the responsible attorney on the transaction and the practice area.