Clio's Contact Information Report is designed to give firms a quick breakdown which clients are attached to which matters with basic contact information such as the primary phone number and primary email address. This is based on client contact information.
To generate the Report, first click on the Reports tab on the left hand side of your page in the black ribbon. Then, scroll to the Matter Reports section of Reports, and select Contact Information.
Within the Report Options page you have several settings you can choose from to get the information you require on your report:
- Select Attorneys: Select to either display only Matters under a specific Responsible Attorney, or select to display All Attorneys, which will display Matters regardless of their Responsible Attorney. When creating a Matter you can select one user in your firm to be the Responsible Attorney. The Report can be filtered by this option and will show all work performed by all users under those specific Matters.
- Group Results By: Select to group results by Client to display an alphabetical listed of your Clients by name first, followed by the matters that are assigned to the Client. Select to group results by Practice Area to see which Clients appear under which grouped Practice Area. Select to group results by Attorney to see which Clients and matters appear under specific Attorneys in your firm.
- Include Pending Matters: Select to build the report including Pending Matters in addition to Open Matters.
- Include Closed Matters: Select to build the report including Closed Matters in addition to Open Matters.
- Select Practice Area: You have the ability to limit the results on your generated Report to a specific Practice Area, or by default you can select to display all Practice Areas. Do note that if you select to report on a single Practice Area, that all matters you wish to display under your clients will have to have the Practice Area assigned to it. More on Practice Areas can be read here.
- Select Report Format: You can generate this report in PDF, .CSV, or Web version. The PDF and .CSV are downloadable files, whereas the Web version will only display in your browser. The advantage of a Web format is that it will include hyperlinks to the source of the records on your report.
The generated Contact Information Report will display your clients' and a listing of their assigned matters, in addition to their basic contact information; this includes their primary phone number, and primary email address.
Note: The Contact's Address is not currently included in the Contact Information Report. To run an export that includes the Address, please follow these steps to run a Contact Export.
This report can also be generated in a .CSV format. This can be useful if you wish to further filter your report.
The Matter column lists the matter number, or name of the matter, as designed on the Matter Numbering page in your settings. For more information on Matter Numbering see our Matter Numbering in Clio support article. If your client has more than one matter, you will see each matter listed individually.
Primary Phone Number
The Primary Phone Number column will display your client's first entered phone number, or the number you have selected to be primary. For more information on Primary Phone Numbers, see this Support Article.
Primary Email Address
The Primary Email Address column displays the Contact's assigned Primary Email Address. If only one email address is listed on the Contact, this will be the Primary Address. For more information on Primary Email Address, see our Creating Contacts Support Article.
If my matter is non-billable, will it still display on this report?
If your matter has been selected as non-billable this will mean that you cannot generate a new invoice for this matter from the Billable Clients page from the Bills tab. Your matter will display regardless of whether or not the matter is currently set as billable.
What if I only want to manipulate the data in this Report?
When generating a Report in a .CSV format you can have additional options for manipulation as sorting, or removing certain columns or rows. For more information on manipulating .CSV, please see our how do I use the CSV Export article.
Can I get this information elsewhere?
You will receive a similar result by exporting Contacts into PDF on the Contacts page. For instructions on Exporting, see our Exporting Contacts from Clio to other Applications Support Article. Export to CSV to include Address information.