Clio's Contact Information Report is designed to give firms a quick breakdown of clients, any associated matters, and basic contact information. This report is categorized by client name, the client's matter, the client's primary phone number, and the client's primary email address.
Generate the report
To generate the report:
- In Clio Manage, select Reports in the left navigation menu.
- Click Matter or scroll down to Matter reports and select Contact information.
- Choose from several settings within the report options page to get the information you need for your report.
- Select responsible attorney: select either All responsible attorneys or Specific responsible attorney depending on whether you want to see client and matter information for all responsible attorneys at the firm or a specific responsible attorney.
- Select practice area: the default setting for sorting by practice area is all practice areas. You also have the option to choose a specific practice area.
- Report options:
- Include pending matters: if you select this option, the report will display open and pending matters.
- Include closed matters: if you select this option, the report will display open and closed matters.
- Group results by:
- Selecting Client will group results alphabetically by client last name.
- Selecting Practice Area will group results by assigned practice area with clients appearing in the section below their assigned practice area.
- Selecting Attorney will group results by attorney with clients appearing in the section below each responsible attorney.
- Output format: you can generate this report as a Web, PDF, or CSV version. The Web report will display in your Clio Manage browser window. Both the PDF and CSV file can be downloaded and printed.
- Click Generate report.
When this report is generated, it will show your clients and their assigned matters, in addition to the clients' basic contact information, which includes primary phone number and primary email address.
- Client Name: if you client has more than one matter, you will see their name listed again for each matter.
- Matter: this column displays each matter's name as designated in the Matter Numbering page in your Settings. Learn more about Matter Numbering in Clio by reading this article.
- Primary Phone Number: this column displays the client's first entered phone number or the phone number that has been selected as Primary.
- Primary Email Address: this column displays the client's first entered email address or the email address that has been selected as Primary. Learn more about the Primary tag in the contact card by reading this article.
You can sort or remove columns and rows if you generate the report as a CSV. Learn more about filtering and sorting reports in Excel by reading this article.