Clio's Productivity by Client Report is designed to give firms a quick breakdown of how much has been billed toward specific clients and the percentage that each client represents of the firm's total billed activities. The report is categorized by a client's total billed amount and overall billed percentage.
Generate the report
To generate the report:
- In Clio Manage, select Reports in the left navigation menu.
- Click Productivity or scroll down to Productivity reports and select Productivity by client.
- Choose from several settings within the report options page to get the information you need for your report.
- Select client: select All clients to show data for all clients, or select Specific client to show data for one specific client.
- Select practice area: the default setting for sorting by practice area is All practice areas. You also have the option to choose a Specific practice area.
- Select date range: selecting a date range will restrict productivity data to records bound by that date range. Restricting the date range will give a historical representation of your data.
- Output format: you can generate this report as a Web, PDF, CSV version. The Web report will display in your Clio Manage browser window, which means you can go directly to the client's dashboard by clicking the client's name. Both the PDF and CSV file can be downloaded and printed.
- Click Generate report.
When this report is generated, it will show your clients' billed amounts and the percentage of the total billing that each client represents. Billed amounts include time and expense entries that have been placed on any approved or paid invoices. At the bottom of the report you will see the firm's total collected amount.
- Client: this column displays names of clients who have bill entries.
- Amount: this column displays the dollar amount attached to all time and expense entries on approved or paid bills.
- Percentage: this column displays the portion of total firm billed amounts on the report that each client has accrued.
You can sort or remove columns and rows if you generate the report as a CSV. Learn more about filtering and sorting reports in Excel by reading this article.