This article details how to view the status and history of payments made by credit card. For instructions on how to set up and apply for Clio Payments, see the "Clio Payments Set Up" article.
To view payments that have been made by credit card, navigate to a bill and click on the "Clio Payments" tab in the black menu on the right.
Once viewing your Clio Payments tab, you will see a list of your credit card transactions. A payment will have the "Authorized" status until is has completed processing with LawPay. Authorized payments waiting to be processed can still be voided by clicking on the "Void" quick link.
Alternatively, you can view a complete history of all Clio Payment Transactions on the Clio Payments page. The default view is set for you to view All.
Once the payment has been approved, the status will change to "Completed" and can no longer be voided. If required, the payment can be refunded from the "Payments" > "Clio Payments History" tab of the bill.
For instructions on voiding or refunding a credit card payment, see the "Clio Payments: Voiding and Refunding Payments" article.
The Clio Payments History tab may show any of the following payment statuses:
- Pending: Clio is in the process of sending the payment details to LawPay
- Authorized: LawPay has accepted the credit card details and has begun to process the payment
- Completed: The payment has been successfully processed by LawPay
- Voided: The payment has been voided before being Completed
- Failed: The Payment details were rejected by LawPay, or something went wrong with the transaction
To receive detailed notifications from LawPay whenever a payment fails, contact LawPay directly and ask them to help you to enable "Merchant Notifications".