- Crediting Negative Expense Entries
- Negative Bill
- Add credit note without a bill
- Add a pre-bill discount
- Clio Manage
- This feature was removed in 2018 but was re-added in February 2019 in response to user feedback.
- This can be useful in situations where you want to add a Credit Note to a Client who does not yet have an Invoice.
- Please be aware that negative Activities will show as positives in Reports.
- If a Bill for a negative amount is generated, it will move to a Paid state.
- How to Void a $0 or Negative Bill?
- Negative expenses do not show up on the Matter dashboard, however, negative Time Entries do.
Yes, you can use negative Time Entries and Expenses in Clio. To create a negative Time Entries you would enter a negative amount in the Rate field with a Duration of 1. For Expenses, enter the negative amount in the Amount field.