- Migrate data from one Clio account to another
- How to export data from Clio
- Saving data prior to account cancellation
- Backup my Contacts and Matters in Clio
- Clio to Clio Migration
- Clio Manage
- Clio Grow
- When exporting Matters, only Matters that the user performing the export has permissions to access will be exported. To export ALL Matters, Matter permissions may need to be adjusted.
- For CSV Export information, see our exports article here.
- For information on importing data into Clio, see here.
- For information migrating data from one Clio account to another (Clio to Clio Migration), see here.
Procedure for Clio Manage:
- Contacts (see here)
- Matters (see here)
- Calendar events see here.
- Tasks (see here)
- Related Contacts (see here)
- Custom Fields (see here) (the same steps as exporting Matters)
- Documents (see here)
Procedure for Clio Grow:
With exporting data from Clio Grow/Lexicata, you can export a CSV list of your Contacts and Matters. However, this would not capture any Workflow information such as Forms, Documents, Notes, Email Logs and other Files.
To export a list of Contacts:
- Click on Contacts
- At the bottom of the page, click on Export all contacts to CSV
- You will receive an email with a CSV of all editable Contact fields and Custom fields
To export a list of Matters:
- Click on Matters
- At the bottom of the page, click on Export all matters to CSV
- You will receive an email with a CSV of all editable Matter fields and Custom fields
To back up any Workflow information, you can export this data to Clio Manage by going into each matter, clicking on Matter Options and Export to Clio Manage. For more information on exporting data to Clio Manage, please see: How to Export a Matter From Clio Grow to Clio Manage