- Learn the ways that a Credit Note is different from a Discount
- What would I use a Credit Note and when would I apply a Discount?
- What is the difference between a Credit Note and a Discount?
- Clio Web App
The Billing History, Invoice Payments, Accounts Receivable, and Revenue Report will show a section for Credit Notes. Currently none of our reports have columns for discounted amounts.
For more information on applying a Credit Note, click here
For more information on Applying a Discount to a Bill, click here
- Credit Notes Clio is considered a write-off and is usually applied to a bill when the firm does not think they will be getting paid for that amount. They can also be tracked and reported on, whereas Discounts reduce the amount recorded as billed and cannot be tracked.
- Discounts can be applied to individual Line Items, Credit Notes are applied to an entire Bill.