- Can I bring over Account Receivables from my previous software into Clio?
- Carry clients' outstanding balances over to Clio
- Import Balance Forward
- Clio Manage
- Imported outstanding balances appear as a 1 hour unbilled time entry in Clio
- Please note, that for all entries. The Quantity column must be 1 and the Type must be TimeEntry
Clio can migrate outstanding balances, however in the past we have received data that does not facilitate a seamless transition for users to carry the balances to Clio. In order to carry any additional balances from a previous practice Management system to Clio this article on How To Carry Outstanding Balances To Clio will walk you through this process.
Alternatively, you can fill out this attached template and imported outstanding balances as a 1 hour unbilled Time Entry in Clio. Please ensure to not include commas in the 'price' column. Once filled out, do the following:
- Import the data into Clio using the Import page
- Click the green Add button on the top right handside of your screen
- Under Import in the drop down menu, select Activities from CSV
- In the second dropdown menu under User, choose the User that the entries will be assigned to
- Under File, select Choose File and select the completed template from your local computer
- Click the green Upload File button