- Xero sync error message
- Invoice not of valid status for modification
- Clio Manage
User is trying to change an invoice in Clio that already has been synced to Xero with payments and credit notes on them.
Essentially, the invoices have become 'locked' or are considered in a 'final' state in Xero because they have been paid, so when making a change to the invoice in Clio and when Clio tries to push this change to Xero, the system gives an error saying that it can't occur.
There are two possible workflows that can address this issue:
- Locate the invoice in Xero
- Delete the payments and/or credit note in Xero
- Apply the Payment or Credit Note in Clio
- Wait for the invoice to sync.
- Void and regenerate the invoice in Clio