- How to pay the total amount outstanding using Clio Payments
- How to charge an overbalance via credit card
- How to charge an Operating retainer via credit card
- Clio Web App
- For instructions on how to pay multiple Bills at once, click here.
- For instructions on creating a Trust Request, click here.
- Click on Create New
- Select Record payment
- Type the client's name in the Client field
- From the "Source" drop-down, select Credit Card
- Fill out Payment Date, Destination, and Reference (if applicable)
- Enter the amount paid to the firm in the Payment amount field
- Optionally, update how the payments are allocated
- Click the Billing Information button at the bottom left
Charge the client for the full amount using a LawPay link. For assistance on how to create a LawPay link charge, contact LawPay Support at (800) 459-5798. Once the full amount is paid using the LawPay link, open the Bills in Clio and manually pay the individual Bills in Clio to set them to PAID.