- How to pay the total amount outstanding using Clio Payments
- How to charge an overbalance via credit card
- How to charge an Operating retainer via credit card
- Clio Web App
- For instructions on how to pay multiple Bills at once, click here.
- For instructions on creating a Trust Request, click here.
- For more details on the Secure Payment Link, please see here.
To record that payment yourself:
- Click on Create New
- Select Record payment
- Type the client's name in the Client field
- From the "Source" drop-down, select Credit Card
- Fill out Payment Date, Destination, and Reference (if applicable)
- Enter the amount paid to the firm in the Payment amount field
- Optionally, update how the payments are allocated
- Click the Billing Information button at the bottom left
To send your Client to pay their entire balance themselves (please note that you will need to link that payment to a specific Client in Clio after they have made the payment):
- Navigate to Clio Payments
- At the top right click Secure Payment Link
- Select Copy Link from either your Operating or Trust Account
- Share link with Client through your preferred sharing method such as email.