- How to pay the total amount outstanding using Clio Payments
- How to charge an overbalance via credit card
- How to charge an Operating retainer via credit card
- Can I Pay Multiple Bills to my Lawyer in One Clio Payment?
- As a client, can I pay more than one of my Bills at a time with Clio Payments?
- Whether it is possible to record a single credit card payment across multiple Bills received from an attorney
- Clio Web App
- For instructions on how to pay multiple Bills at once, click here.
- For instructions on creating a Trust Request, click here.
- For more details on the Clients Payment Page for paying multiple Bills at once, please see here.
To record that payment yourself:
- Click on Create New
- Select Record payment
- Type the client's name in the Client field
- From the "Source" drop-down, select Credit Card
- Fill out Payment Date, Destination, and Reference (if applicable)
- Enter the amount paid to the firm in the Payment amount field
- Optionally, update how the payments are allocated
- Click the Billing Information button at the bottom left
To send your Client to pay their entire balance themselves (please note that you will need to link that payment to a specific Client in Clio after they have made the payment):
- Navigate to the Bill in question
- Click on Share
- Select Share via Email and make sure that Accept payment up to the total of all invoices
- Click Share bill
- When your Client opens the email they receive with this Bill, they will be able to pay off the entire overdue balance themselves.