- Understand what a "Microsoft-backed" email account is
- Understanding what a "Microsoft Hosted" email is
- Know if my email address/account will work with the Clio Outlook Add-in
- Can I install the Outlook Add-in if I am on the Go Daddy server?
- Clio Manage
- Microsoft Outlook
Just viewing your email in Outlook doesn't necessarily mean your email is compatible with the Clio Outlook Add-in. You can view your Gmail or Yahoo emails, for instance, in Outlook; however, only Microsoft-backed email addresses (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, etc.) work with the Outlook Add-in.
If you don't have a Microsoft-backed email account, but want to use the Outlook Add-in, you can forward your emails to a Microsoft-backed email account. For example, here are the steps to forward your emails if you're using Gmail.
Only Microsoft-backed, cloud-based Office 365 email addresses work with the Clio Outlook Add-in. This includes @outlook.com emails, as well as custom domain emails (e.g. email@example.com) powered by Outlook.
The Outlook Add-in does not support email accessed through an Exchange server hosted by a third party, or an Office 365 subscription purchased through a third party provider such as GoDaddy.
To confirm that you can use the Clio Outlook Add-in, you can:
- Use your email to log in to Outlook 365 on the web.
- Check for the "Get Add-ins" button in the Home ribbon of Outlook on your desktop.
- In Outlook for the web, open an email, click the three dots, and look for the "Get Add-ins" button.
If you are able to do either of these things, you'll be able to use the Clio Outlook Add-in.