Thinking about trying Clio? Try it for free!
- Get my data out of Abacus
- Migrate from Export from Abacus
- Abacus migration
- Get data from Abacus to Clio
Please note that the success of any data migration depends primarily on the quality of the data set provided to us. Before attempting to migrate your information into Clio, you should ensure that your data is consistently formatted, well organized, sufficiently backed up, and stored securely. If you are not certain, it is recommended that you consult with your Clio representative before proceeding
A file named "law9.dbf" needs to be sent to Clio Migrations in order to complete a migration from Abacus; export instructions are below.
Note: All users must be logged out before proceeding with the export
- Log in to an Abacus
- Click File
- Click Reports
- Select one of the following: Names, Calendar, Matters, Matter Notes, or Name Notes
- On the window that opens select New Report
- Enter a new name for the report (eg: Clio Contact Export) and click OK
- In the upper left part of the screen, click Add
- Click Run
- Click Comma Delimited
- Click OK
- Save file
- Search for law9.adt in the Abacus folder on your computer
- if this file does not exist, search for law9.dbf
Backing Up Data
For a complete backup of data, make sure that there is no one using Abacus or MessageSlips.
To backup your data using the Abacus internal backup utility:
Select File > Utilities > Backup > Backup to open the Backup Abacus File window.
Complete the settings on the window.
Destination: Indicates the directory where the backup file will be stored. To change, click the button. The Browse for Folder window appears. Select the directory and click OK.
Uncheck the other boxes.
Click Start Backup. When the backup is complete, a message window will open. Click OK. A backup file named LAW_XXX.zip is created (where "X" is the backup number) and stored in the selected directory.