Collect eCheck and card payments directly through Clio.
Find out how.
How To Void a Bill with a Deleted Matter or Contact
- Voiding or Deleting a Bill with a Deleted associated Contact or Matter
- How do I get rid of a Bill in Unpaid status when the Contact is deleted?
- I deleted a Matter and now I can't Void a Bill.
- Why can't I write off an Unpaid Bill after deleting the Matter?
- A Bill cannot be Deleted or Voided if the associated Contact or Matter is removed from Clio. To resolve the issue, Recover the Contact or Matter and open the Invoice, and Delete or Void.
- If the Contact or Matter are no longer in the Recovery Bin, the Bill cannot be Voided and you will have to edit the Bill and apply a 100% discount.
- Please note that you may have to allow editing of Approved Bills in order to edit the Bill.
- Select Settings
- Select Recovery Bin
- Locate the missing Matter or Contact by selecting Filter
- Select to Recover the Matter or Contact
- Open the Bill
- Select Actions
- Select Delete or Void