How to Delete a Custom Field
- Remove A Custom Field
- Can I Delete Custom Fields?
- Delete Custom Fields
- When deleting Custom Fields you have the option to either delete the Custom Field and keep the data from that Custom Field within each Matter or Contact it has been applied to, or, remove the Custom Field data from All Matters.
- If you delete the Fields and leave the history of them behind, you will not be able to remove them. We are working on improving this.
- You must be an Administrator to make those changes
- You will not be able to recover the custom fields or data after deleting it.
- Go to Settings
- Choose Custom Fields
- Choose Delete under the Custom Field you wish to remove
- If you wish to remove any data that has been recorded on this field check the box marked "Remove this custom field from any client currently using it"
- If you would like to keep the data leave this box unchecked.
- Note: If you delete the Fields and leave the history of them behind, you will not be able to remove them. We are working on improving this.
- Click Delete