- QuickBooks Online Error Code (6201): The accounting period has closed.
- Clio Manage
- QuickBooks Online
- The User can still make changes to or add items within the closed period manually through the QuickBooks Online website, but Clio is unable to update any changes through the API.
- For a full list of QuickBooks Online Error Codes click here.
- To find QuickBooks Online errors click here.
This error message indicates the account has been closed to editing on the QuickBooks Online side. This is often done by accountants after they have gone over and reconciled a period so that no further changes can be made to that period. To resolve this, the User should speak to the person that did this in order to clarify why.
1. Go to the Home tab in QuickBooks Online
2. Click on the Gear icon in the top right and select Company Settings
3. Click the Advanced tab
4. In the Accounting Section, there is an item that says "Close the Books" This date needs to be changed in order for Clio to sync any items before that date. The Clio user will want to consult the accountant or whomever set the date.