- Change settings so you can manually name your Matters in the Matter Edit screen
- Customize each Matter Number
- Clio Manage
Note: Changes made to Matter Numbering Settings are irreversible. Please proceed with caution before making any changes to your Matter Numbering
After taking the steps below, a "Matter Number" field will become available when creating new Matters or editing existing ones. Click here for the steps on how to then edit an existing Matter Number.
Please be advised enabling Manual for Each Matter will turn off any automation done by Clio to populate in Matter Numbering, ie. summary name, client's first name, matter description, etc.
- Go to Settings
- Click Firm Preferences
- Click Matter Numbering
- Open the Select Template drop-down menu
- Select Manual for Each Matter
- Click Update Settings in the lower right-hand corner