Clio's Trust Management Report is designed to give firms a view of unbilled activities, trust account balances, and minimum trust thresholds.
To generate the Report, first click on the Reports tab at the upper right of your page in the black ribbon. Then, scroll to the Client Reports section of Reports, and select Trust Management.
Within the Report Options page you have several settings you can choose from to get the information you require on your report:
- Select Originating Attorneys (All Attorneys/Specific Attorney): Choose if you want to generate the report for a specific Originating Attorney. Restricting the report to a single Originating Attorney will only show trust information for Matters which have this Originating Attorney.
- Select Responsible Attorneys (All Attorneys/Specific Attorney): Choose if you want to generate the report for a specific Responsible Attorney. Restricting the report to a single Responsible Attorney will only show trust information for Matters which have this Responsible Attorney.
- Trust Accounts (All Accounts, Specific Accounts): Choose if you want to display trust information for all your trust accounts, or only a specific account.
- Select Client/Matter: Choose if you want to generate the report for all clients, only a specific client, or only a specific Matter.
- Practice Area: Choose if you want to generate the report for all practice areas, or only for Matters under a specific practice area.
- Matter Status: Choose if you want to generate the report for all Matters, or only Matters of a specific status (Open, Closed, or Pending).
- Output Format: You can generate this report in PDF, .CSV, or Web version. The PDF and .CSV are downloadable files, whereas the Web version will only display in your browser. The advantage of a Web format is that it will include hyperlinks to the source of the records on your report.
Frequently Asked Questions
My Matter is below the minimum balance threshold. How can I use this report to generate a new Trust Request?
You can use the links in the web version of the report to go directly to the Client or Matter you want to generate a Trust Request for. Then, you can generate a new Trust Request.
What if I only want to manipulate the data in this Report?
When generating a Report in a .CSV format you can have additional options for manipulation as sorting, or removing certain columns or rows. For more information on manipulating .CSV, please see our Basic Techniques for Filtering and Sorting Exports in Excel Support Article.