Clio's Trust Management Report is designed to give firms a quick breakdown of unbilled time and expense activities, client trust account balances, and minimum trust thresholds. This report is categorized by client, matter, unbilled amount, amount in trust, minimum threshold, and amount below minimum.
Generate the report
To generate this report:
- In Clio Manage, select Reports in the left navigation menu.
- Click Client or scroll down to Client reports and select Trust management. (Or Client Account Management Report if you are in Europe)
- Choose from several settings within the report options page to get the information you need for your report.
- Select responsible attorney:
- Select All responsible attorneys to see data for all responsible attorneys at the firm, including matters not assigned to any responsible attorney.
- Select Specific responsible attorney to see data for a specific responsible attorney.
- Select originating attorney:
- Select All originating attorneys to see data for all originating attorneys at the firm, including matters not assigned to any originating attorney.
- Select Specific originating attorney to see data for a specific originating attorney.
- Select trust account: select All accounts to view trust information for all trust accounts, or select Specific account to view trust information for one specific trust account.
- Select practice area: the default setting for sorting by practice area is all practice areas. You also have the option to choose a specific practice area.
- Select client/matter: select All clients to view data for all firm clients, Specific client to view data for a specific client, or Specific matter to view data for a specific matter.
- Matter status: select whether you want to view data for All matters, or only Pending, Open, or Closed matters.
- Output format: you can generate this report as a Web, PDF, or CSV version. The Web report will display in your Clio Manage browser window. Both the PDF and CSV file can be downloaded and printed.
- Select responsible attorney:
Click Generate report.
When this report is generated, it will show client and matter trust balances and minimum thresholds, and any unbilled time and expense activities.
- Client: this column displays the name of each client.
- Matter: this column displays the matter for each client.
- Unbilled amount: this column lists any unbilled time and expense entries for the matter.
- Amount in trust: this column lists the amount of money currently in trust for the client or matter.
- Minimum threshold: this column lists the minimum threshold set for matter trust funds. This amount can be changed by editing the matter and changing the number for Trust balance notification under Billing preferences.
- Amount below minimum: this column displays whether a trust account balance has fallen below the minimum threshold set for the matter.
With the Web version of the report you can click the client or matter to go directly to their dashboard, where you can generate a new trust request if you are below the specified minimum threshold.
You can sort or remove columns and rows if you generate the report as a CSV. Learn more about filtering and sorting reports in Excel by reading this article.