Thinking about trying Clio? Try it for free!
- Get my data out of FoundationIP
- Migrate from FoundationIP
- Export from FoundationIP
- FoundationIP migration
- Get data from FoundationIP to Clio
Please note that the success of any data migration depends primarily on the quality of the data set provided to us. Before attempting to migrate your information into Clio, you should ensure that your data is consistently formatted, well organized, sufficiently backed up, and stored securely. If you are not certain, it is recommended that you consult with your Clio representative before proceeding.
FoundationIP is the docketing system for CPA Global, a platform which provides IP management software.
The Matters export does not include a column for client names, which means that additional work will need to be done on the file before we can migrate the data into Clio.
The FoundationIP website published a tutorial video which demonstrates this workflow. Watch here.
To export your matters:
- Open FoundationIP
- Navigate to the Matters tab a the top of the screen
- Use the Search function to display matters; enter an asterisk (*) in the File # field to bring up all Matters in the system
- Use the list option in the top right-hand corner of the results display to customize the columns in the view, if necessary. The client can select the columns they use when creating and editing Matters in FoundationIP.
- Using the “Download as” drop-down menu, select CSV
- Download the export and review prior to import