- How to deactivate the first user of a Clio account
- Why can't I deactivate a user?
- Can't remove the owner of the account
- Clio Web App
The owner of a Clio account cannot be disabled, so you need to transfer the ownership of the account first.
If the listed owner is still at the firm, they can make this change very simply following Step 1. If they are no longer at the firm, but you have access to the email they used to login (through a common firm domain) then you can still follow Step 1.
- Transfer the account ownership to another user:
- After the person you are trying to deactivate is no longer the account owner you will be able to deactivate them normally.