- Stop auto-opening downloads in Chrome
- Chrome is trying to open files I download
- The error message that file cannot be opened when downloading QuickBooks IIF file from Clio
- Google Chrome
- For windows, you can change the default program used, for more information click here
Clear Auto-Open Download Preferences
- Download the file that is opening automatically.
- Upon downloading the file, in the downloads tray on the bottom the file will show up to display its progress. click on the up arrow " ^ "
- a pop-up menu will appear, Click on the checked option for always open files of this type and this will uncheck that option
This can also be done from within settings.
- Click the three (vertical) dots in the upper right corner of the chrome browser window
- If you have a pending update (in Chrome), the three dots will instead be a circle with an arrow
- Select Settings
- Expand the Advanced section
- Under the Downloads section, click to turn on the toggle for Ask where to save each file before downloading